[FX.php List] [OT] A rave review for SmartPill

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue Mar 18 18:24:36 MDT 2008

I just started working with SmartPill, and I'm blown away with the
possibilities here.

Here's what I've done:

In a runtime that I sell, there's an unlock key that I provide when
someone buys the program. I've just done an update to the program that
will use SmartPill to run a PHP script on my website; the website
queries my registration database, returns their unlock key, and then
returns it to the database.

The next thing I'm going to do is to create a purchase routine; here's
what I'm thinking:

I'll use SmartPill to send the reg. info to a set of PHP forms; I
think I'll do it in several steps:

Step 1 will send their username, address, etc. A successful
transmission of this will return a variable to the database, which
will trigger a 2nd send of their card # and exp. date.

If the card goes thru, I'll send back the unlock key to the database,
and it'll go into the unlock_key field automatically and unlock their
version.

My only question is whether there will be a risk in using the
SmartPill plugin to send the card # without SSL.

At any rate, this is the coolest thing... the ability to use thousands
of PHP scripts in a database solution is pretty exciting...

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions