[FX.php List] Checking the server is available before calling FX

Glenn Singleton glenn at possiblesolutions.com.au
Tue Mar 11 12:30:31 MDT 2008

Hi,

In a thread I cannot find, someone showed some PHP code that tested that the
connection to the server was available before calling any FX.PHP functions.
Can anyone repost this code if they have it ?

As I recall, it was testing to see if the server was running and if not
using the backup server. Again, I think it was by using basic PHP file
functions.

I am having trouble with a sometimes unreliable link between web server and
fm server and would like to use this method before calls to FX.PHP

I am using the recommended testing after calling a FX.PHP object (ie if
(FX::isError($searchResult)) ) but this is still throwing a PHP error of
'FX.PHP object not found' ***IF*** the server is not available.

Thanks
Glenn Singleton