[FX.php List] Strange problem with editing records

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Mar 7 11:11:46 MST 2008

Chris,

A good stab in the dark, but unfortunately I don't have enough details
to answer your question.

However, since he's not passing the RECID in a session variable, it
shouldn't matter whether the session expires. Also, if it did expire
and that somehow caused the RECID value to disappear, would not FMEdit
fail completely? What's happening (according to my client) is that
record #1 is being edited instead of the one they were working in,
which is their own.

So somehow the RECID value, which might be 221, for example, is
changing to 1.

That's what is so strange; to make it odder, if you were to go thru
the chain of EDITs without pausing, it would work fine. It's only when
they let their computer sit for an hour or so that this happens.

So... I'm going to leave Firefox open for 2 hours and see if my
process fails as well, and that might help me find the source of this
strangeness.

Thanks for the input, Chris and everyone,

Bob