[FX.php List] Strange problem with editing records

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Mar 7 09:31:54 MST 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 10:25 AM, Jonathan Schwartz wrote:

> Ya need recid to edit.

Right, that's what I thought too. Otherwise it'd throw an error...

> Are they actually using the FMEdit() command?  Perhaps they are
> creating a new record for each edit?

Yes, he's using FMEdit.

> If they *are* using FMEdit...
> What appears as the value for  '-recid'  in the AddDBParam line?

$query->AddDBParam('-recid', $_POST['-recid']);

I can see the hidden field in the form, which is feeding this $_POST.

> Regarding session expiration, you might consider pro-actively
> setting the expiration time rather then letting the system decide
> for you...with unexpected results.

I don't think this is a session variable issue, which makes this even
stranger; however, I'm getting this from the users, who are college
kids. I'm going to see what happens for me after 2 hours, and that'll
tell me more.

 From what I can see in the forms, it's a straightforward passing of a
hidden field (-recid) to the processing page, which is how I would do
it too. However, this site is incredibly convoluted, and the
programmer bailed on the client without fixing all the bugs. A well-
known person too, I was really surprised...

BP