[FX.php List] PHP error help

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Jun 30 14:15:33 MDT 2008

On Jun 30, 2008, at 3:04 PM, CSInfo wrote:

> FYI:
> The line:
> $createResult=$create=>FMFindAll();
> should be:
> $createResult=$create->FMFindAll();

I'm not surprised, I was typing quickly!

> I got my query to work, now I am getting an error when I submit
> fields from the HTML from as POST that are empty? (resulting in no
> POST) How do I ignore those?

One way is to test for empty POSTs like this:

if (strlen($_POST['myVariable']>0){
	$myVariable = $_POST['myVariable'];
}

When I require fields to not be empty, I string together a bunch of
these, like this:

if ((strlen($_POST['myVariable']<1) or
(strlen($_POST['myVariable2']<1) or (strlen($_POST['myVariable3']<1)){
	echo 'One or more required fields was not provided.<a
href="javascript:history.back();">CLICK HERE</a> to return to the
	exit;
}

Note that I use single-quotes around the ECHO line so that I can use
double-quotes in the HREF.

This will put up a simple warning, with a link so they can go back to
the form without retyping everything; yes, I know it's the same as the
BACK button, but people like having it there.

Hope this helps,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer

   INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954

Contact us for FileMaker hosting and programming for all versions of
FileMaker