[FX.php List] FM accts vs. acct & password fields?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Jun 19 18:03:59 MDT 2008

I can't imagine letting a web app create FileMaker usernames/
passwords... in a small-use situation it wouldn't be a problem, but
with a situation where there would be hundreds of users, I prefer to
write them to a table. Using the PHP crypt() function that Chris
mentioned removes the security issue of having exposed passwords; I
have a password-retrieval routine that I use with all my web apps, so
if someone should forget their password I simply write a random
password to their record, send it to them in an email, along with a
link that they can click to reset their password very easily.

bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting and programming for all versions of
FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting