[FX.php List] How to not reload logo from db ?

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Wed Jun 18 18:27:02 MDT 2008

I think I misunderstood. You mean you don't want the logo to be
fetched when the user reloads the page or similar?

If so, I think your only bet is one of the following:
	- Use frames, perhaps iframes.
	- Make the whole webpage ajax/interactive so that instead of the
page being reloaded/navigated you fetch the data from the server and
rebuild the page appropriately. However, the user will still be able
to reload the page :-/
	- Best option in my opinion; Do some form of caching, as I was on to
in my first response. This way you allow the client to reload the
page (which you can't hide from), but keeping the image as a file on
the server will reduce the query to the database. How much depends;
you'll probably want to do *some* checking in the database to know
when to refetch the image from the database in case it changes. But
perhaps you could do that by adding a related field to some other
record that you fetch upon page reload, and have this field tell you
if the image has changed?

19 jun 2008 kl. 02.19 skrev Leo R. Lundgren:

> I guess the only way to achieve this is to cache the image. As the
> database is the source of the image, you simply need to store it
> somewhere outside the database if you don't want to query the
> database for each reload.
>
> 19 jun 2008 kl. 02.18 skrev Glenn Singleton:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have web pages that include a logo that comes from my fm
>> database and I was looking for ideas on how NOT have to do a query
>> on the db every time a page loads.
>>
>> I don't want to store it outside the db, so I was thinking
>> frames ... but is there an alternative.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Glenn
>

> -|