[FX.php List] entropy.ch php after FMI's php?

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at aol.com
Tue Jun 17 15:15:10 MDT 2008

On Jun 17, 2008, at 5:01 PM, Joel Shapiro wrote:

> In the past, I've always used the OS X php installer from http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/
>
> I've got a machine now that used the FM9 php install.  I'm wondering
> if anyone here's tried over-writing that with the entropy.ch
> version. Could I just run that installer or would I need to do
> something first to uninstall/deactivate the FM version?

My Mac Pro is running the entropy.ch 5.2.5 beta 6 version of PHP that
was released some months ago - I had to use this as I needed the GD
Library for my sites.

The instructions I followed are in the green box in the post from Marc
on this page

http://www.entropy.ch/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2945

And below are the notes I made at the time I did this back in February
2008. Not all of this may be necessary - especially if you're not
using MySQL which my genealogy sites require, but it's working as
expected for me.

The same machine is running FileMaker Server 9, however my FileMaker
sites currently are all using FM WebSchool's BlackBelt, so as I
understand things that's using a version of FX.php rather than the
FileMaker version.

Cheers

Roger

===============
============================
MySQL Stuff
============================

Install MySQL using instructions here

http://jwopitz.wordpress.com/2007/12/09/getting-mysql-mac-os-x-105-leopard-togetherfinally/

//Use instructions here

//http://www.angry-fly.com/index.cfm/2008/1/30/Getting-MySQL-Preference-Pane-To-Work-In-Leopard

//to get the Preference Pane working correctly.

http://blog.tomatocheese.com/archives/2007/11/1/migrating_mysql_to_mac_os_x_leopard/

has a link to a plist file that will autostart MySQL on machine launch

============================
Apache Stuff
============================

Line 461 - uncomment line

Include /private/etc/apache2/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf

to put virtual hosts information into

httpd-vhosts.conf

=============================
Postfix for TNG to send mail...
=============================

For postfix to work...

edit /private/etc/postfix/main.cf

line 69

#myhostname = host.domain.tld

myhostname = mail.speakeasy.net

PHP Stuff

http://www.entropy.ch/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2945

to get Marc's build for PHP and install it. It ends up being in

/usr/local/php5/

with the php.ini file being

/usr/local/php5/lib/php.ini-recommended

Duplicate that and rename copy to php.ini and then this is the file
that is used. Modify file upload size.