[FX.php List] OT, Anyone have FileMaker Server 5.5 for Mac?

Ben Bradley ben at batfastad.com
Tue Jun 17 11:14:26 MDT 2008

Hi dan

The main benefit for us is that it's far easier for our remote employees to
access the solution ower an intranet and web browser, than for them to
connect using remote desktop.
There's only 3 remote employees, but they need constant access to the
company information/contacts.

At the moment we're running a sort of hybrid solution... Apache/PHP and some
parts of the data in MySQL, with others accessed with FX.php.
I figured, most of the PHP coding I've done to re-build the solution would
work regardless of whether we use FX.php or MySQL.

However, what was getting us down was when the remote guys need to search
for large result sets using FX.php... the FMP Unlimited Web companion would
be sat for a few minutes processing that request, and sending it to FX.php.
During that time noone else could access the solution using the browser.
Not exactly ideal.

Also, it's far easier to find people with PHP/MySQL knowledge, than
FileMaker Server/FileMaker Unlimited/web companion/FX.php

Don't get me wrong though... FileMaker has been fantastic for us over the
last 10 years. But the next 6 months will be the start of the end
unfortunately

Thanks, Ben