[FX.php List] FM accts vs. acct & password fields?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Jun 16 20:24:12 MDT 2008

Joel,

You could do it with a script, but I've never done it that way. I
suppose you could have your form input the username and password to be
used, write it to a record in a temp table, then use those field
values in a script that you trigger after setting the values...

I use a USERS table; in almost every web app where I've needed to add
users, the users were set up for use with the web app, not with
FileMaker itself, so it wasn't necessary for them to have in-depth
abilities like script-editing, layout-editing, field definitions,
etc.; I suppose if you need those sorts of capabilities for some or
all of your new users, then adding users to the database's schema
itself would be the way to go...

I'd be interested in hearing how you write it. :)

Best,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting and programming for all versions of
FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting