[FX.php List] preventing refresh from rePOSTing?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 4 15:51:32 MDT 2008

Hi all

I've got a real small project in which a user fills out a web form,
and as long as all required fields contain data, a new record gets
created on submit.

I've got the processing and the form on the same php page.

Can anyone suggest a quick/easy way to prevent the user from
rePOSTing -- and thus adding an additional (duplicate) record -- by
refreshing the page after submission?  The page *does* need to allow
a user to submit additional records after the first submission, but I
don't want a simple refresh to create a new record.

I can think of some ways to do this but don't want to re-invent the
wheel if there's some standard way to do this already.

TIA,
-Joel