[FX.php List] [OFF] Sending php mail as anyone(?!)

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Thu Jul 31 07:33:28 MDT 2008

Hi Joel,

The game isn't how much email gets SENT. It's how much email gets
READ.  Notice I didn't say RECEIVED. You email could very well be
RECEIVED, but put in the SPAM or JUNK folder, where it is unlikely to
be RECOGNIZED, OPENED or READ.

Between Point A and Point B, there is layer upon layer of hardware
and software attempting to decide if your mail goes through or not,
often arbitrarily.  You can maximize your success by knowing the hard
and fast rules and keeping current with the less defined,
ever-changing spam filter rules.  Your mail gets through by NOT doing
what the spam filters are looking for, even though you don't really
understand what that is.  Fun, huh?

This list isn't the place to have a further discussion unless other
folks want to hear it.

Send me an email from the server in question. I will contact you
offline and get you started on this bumpy road. ;-)

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group