[FX.php List] FM / FX / PHP Library system

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Wed Jul 30 14:23:17 MDT 2008

Hi John,

I'll just chime in here and support everything that Derrick said 100%...! Do
things exactly as he suggests, and you'll be all good...!

If there's server-side processing that needs to be done, which requires FMP
scripts to be run, then use FX (or the FMP API) to set flags, and use a
server side script-scheduling plugin to poll for that flag, run the required
script, then clear the flag...

I've built a number of large, complex, technology integrated solutions on
this basis... prior to recent versions of FMP, where server side scripting
is possible, I used to use a 'robot' machine (or in fact machines) which sat
in a corner, connected to FMS, with oAzium events (or the like) regularly
triggering scripts which checked for 'flags, then processed data from
there...

Cheers
Steve