[FX.php List] Cannot get FX to connect to FMP

VanBuskirk, Patricia pvanbuskirk at otc.fsu.edu
Wed Jul 23 09:12:31 MDT 2008

I am having major problems all of a sudden.  Our online forms are in php
on a designated server (Win Server 2003), using FX.php.  They started
acting up Friday (the form just stopped when it got to the dropdown
list, we got them working .. then again last night, we got them working,
then again this morning and I cannot get them working again.  They now
show the entire form, but will not show the drop-down list (which pull
from a field in FMP) and when submitted will not go to the confirm.php
page (the physical file shows in the directory, but goes to a page not
found error). And it does not make a record in FMP.

We ran the included FM tests and all the web publishing tests come back
ok.  I have a test page that prints out the php settings, then lists all
the hosted databases available to the web (<?php print_r($databaseList);
?>).  That works.

When it gets to the following point in the form, it will not show the
list:

<select name="Contact_Bldg" tabindex="5">
  <option selected>NOT LISTED - Type in Below</option>
  <?php

require_once('FX.php');
require_once('server_data.php');

// configure a connection to FileMaker Server Advanced
$ordersQuery = new FX(FM_IP, FM_PORT, FM_VERSION);
// set database and layout information
$ordersQuery->SetDBData('WEB_Forms', 'Ref_FSU_Buildings', 'all');
// set database username and password
$ordersQuery->SetDBUserPass(FM_USERNAME, FM_PASSWORD);
// retrieve all records in this database available to the current user
$ordersQuery->AddSortParam('ListForWeb', 'ascend');
$orders = $ordersQuery->DoFXAction(FX_ACTION_FINDALL);
	foreach ($orders as $contact) {
    echo "                <option>{$contact['ListForWeb']}\n";

}
?>
</select>

This makes me think it has something to do with FX.  I re-downloaded
fx.php, made sure the includes folder is where it is supposed to be,
re-verified the php.ini is pointing to that folder, made sure all the
includes are in there ... I am out of ideas and about to pull my hair
out!!  Anyone have any suggestions??

Trish