[FX.php List] links to refine search

biscuit technologies biscuit.tech at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:47:36 MDT 2008

Hi,
Can someone suggest the best way to go about creating the following
functionality:
I have a default found set of over 1500 records and want to provide links to
items that begin with specific letters in the alphabet for easy navigation.

In Filemaker I've created a new field that calculates the first letter of
the item and in my PHP I've created a form which successfully searches that
field and returns the right results (search for A returns a group of records
with the only the items that start with A). I've gotten the raw XML URL
figured out to see that it works, but I'm having a hard time figuring out
what the HTML URL syntax needs to be.

What I'd like to do, but so far haven't been able to figure out, is have a
series of links:
go to items that begin with A
go to items that begin with B
go to items that begin with C
and have these links essentially perform the same find as in my form.

Thanks,
David