[FX.php List] PHP question

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Thu Jul 3 18:10:15 MDT 2008

On 04/07/2008, at 8:45 AM, Glenn Singleton wrote:

> With error reporting, the line number reported never seems to be
> even close.
> Anyone know how that works ? Does it count comment lines for example ?

Actually, through some playing, my suspicion comes down to "What is a
line?" - I usually develop on a Mac and deploy on a Mac and my error
lines are correct, but some of the pages I wrote on a PC gave
inconsistent line numbers for errors - and there's a difference
between the end of a line Mac vs PC vs Unix.

Bob Patin wrote:

> I don't use a development server though; I can turn error_reporting
> on for
> any page, can't I?

Anders' and Dave's posts show how this can be done page by page rather
than through modifying the server php.ini file.

I really would have thought you would have a dev/test server though ;-)

Cheers

Webko