[FX.php List] [Off, I think] Address field names and tricks

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Thu Jan 31 16:58:40 MST 2008

I'm redesigning our customer shipping/billing address page from CDML to PHP, and I want to take advantage of some of the things I see on other sites.

There seems to be a "standard" set of fields for street address, city, state, zip, country, etc. for USA addresses, and maybe even a form of that that also works for international addresses... though I wouldn't mind having two flavors of the form page based on country.

What are the normal fields? Is there something about their names, IDs, or something in JavaScript that allows many web browsers to help users "autofill" these fields?

-Troy