[FX.php List] Displaying Progess Bar - Revised

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Sun Jan 27 13:01:08 MST 2008

Hi Folks,

After a bunch of research, I've figured out that a progress bar is
near impossible to do...even with javascript and AJAX.

I'll settle for a screen with ANY INDICATOR OR MESSAGE at all while
the script runs.  Presently, if I run the script from the current
page, it just shows the current page.  If I run the script from its
own page, the page remains blank until the script is completed.

All I want is to be able to display a message, "Please wait while
processing your request...."

I've been down this path before but gave up.  This time, it is really
needed during the 15 second processing time of the script I developed
this week.

If I'm approaching this wrong, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Schwartz