[FX.php List] Adding Libraries to FileMaker's Supplied PHP5 Environment

Kevin Becker kbecker at treca.org
Thu Jan 24 11:08:31 MST 2008

>1. You now have three installs of PHP on your server: one from OS X,
>one from Entropy, one from FMI. Which one's being referenced in your
>httpd.conf file? More than one? The right one?
I wish I knew for sure which one or how many installs of PHP my httpd.conf
is pointing to.   I know I'm looking at the right httpd.conf.   What is
strange is that there are some lines that are commented out that point to
php4, but there are no lines that mention php5 which is my current version
(5.2.4).  So for the life of me I can't tell how the Entropy version is
loaded, but I know that it is from the phpinfo() page.

>2. Do other PHP pages fail too, or is it just FMP PHP files that don't
>work?
Only the FM PHP API pages fail.  I haven't had any other PHP pages fail.

>3. What does phpinfo() tell you about your active PHP environment?
I'd be glad to give you the url to see my phpinfo() page.  I don't know
how public that info should be, so I won't post it here.   I've never had
any official PHP training, so I don't know what I'd be looking for on the
phpinfo() page.

>4. Do you have error reporting turned on, so you can see actual
>problems reported on the screen?
I thought I knew how to turn errors on.  I can do it on my other pages
that are hosted on the same server, but the API pages just load blank.  If
I comment out the 'require_once'  lines that pull in the API stuff the
html parts of the pages load just fine.

>5. One thing that got me when I switched to the Entropy install was I
>could no longer use short tags in my PHP pages. I had to use
I've always used the full <?php tags so no problem there.

Kevin Becker