[FX.php List] Adding Libraries to FileMaker's Supplied PHP5 Environment

Kevin Becker kbecker at treca.org
Wed Jan 23 14:18:17 MST 2008

fx.php_list at mail.iviking.org on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 4:36 AM
-0500 wrote:
>If you're using OS X pre-Leopard, I recommend downloading and
>installing the PHP 5 binary generously built by Mark Liyanage at
>http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/
>
>This is a PHP install in a one-button package installer. It doesn't
>get any easier than this.

Kevin C.,

Be VERY cautious about using an Entropy installer for PHP 5 to add the GD
library.

I did this on our live server (version 5.2.4), and while it continues to
work just fine with FX.php, it killed the FileMaker PHP API.  I've been
searching for a way to gain the PHP API functionality back ever since, but
I've had absolutely no luck.  We are getting closer and closer to doing a
clean install of 10.4 Server on our Xserve, which is our last resort.

If you don't need the API, then charge ahead, but don't do it if you might
someday need the API.

Kevin Becker