[FX.php List] Sorting Problem

Roger Price rp272 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 23 02:35:52 MST 2008

I have created a very simple prototype database with only 4 fields and 6 or so records - nothing too taxing. However I cannot get it to sort!

member_id           (number)
pub_category        (text, indexed)
year_of_publication (text, indexed)
pub_description     (text, indexed)

My fx.php instance is as follows:

$dbPub = 'pub2.fp7';
$layPub = 'web';
$PubQuery = new FX($serverIP, $webCompanionPort, $dataSourceType);
$PubQuery ->SetDBData($dbPub, $layPub);
$PubQuery ->AddDBParam('member_id','1');
$PubQuery ->AddSortParam('pub_category','ascend',1);
#$PubQuery ->AddSortParam('year_of_publication','ascend',2);
#$PubQuery ->AddSortParam('pub_description','ascend',3);
$PubQuery ->setDBUserPass($webUN);
$PubData = $PubQuery->FMFind();

As you can see I have commented out the secondary and tertiary sorts in case they are causing the problem. I have tried using an FM script to pre-sort the data but I cannot get this to work either. I have other databases where the records sort as expected and cannot see anything obviously different.

I have turned on 'DEBUG' and display the contents of the array $PubData (error = 0)!

This is probably one of those situations where I am overlooking something simple.

Please can anyone offer a suggestion. I will post the content of $PubData if it is needed.

Roger Price

Roger Price                                  INSTITUTE OF CRIMINOLOGY
Computer Officer,                                     Sidgwick Avenue
rp272 at cam.ac.uk                                    Cambridge, CB3 9DT