[FX.php List] Seeking screen feedback during a For loop

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Sun Jan 20 18:48:10 MST 2008

Hi Folks,

I'm working on the mass email script that I posted about awhile ago.

The scripts uses a for loop that runs through the number of records
found, sending an email for each.  I would like to see some on-screen
feedback regarding progress while the script is running.  I inserted
an "echo" statement that would echo to screen every x records, but it
doesn't display results until after the script has finished.

I also tried using a log statement that writes a progress record to
my log file every x records, but that's not really what I want.

So...how do I get the screen to refresh during a for loop, without
upsetting the function of the for loop?

Or...is there another approach I should be taking?

Thanks,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Schwartz