[FX.php List] [OFF] OS X vs OS X Server?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 18 15:22:07 MST 2008

Thanks Dale and Bob

Originally this client had mentioned possibly using a Mac Mini, but
Dale, your post got me to check and they're on an Xserve :-)

They know the importance of keeping this machine dedicated, and have
stripped off and/or disabled most unnecessary functionality, but good
to get the heads-up for future times.

And to be fair (re: "dig" at Windows)... my client on Windows Server
2003 has been stable since they day we started (2 1/2 yrs ago) -- and
people on this list have stated that performance on Windows can often
be better than on Macs -- and there was a test we'd done on this
server a while back that seemed to prove that point.  (But let's not
start a Mac vs. Windows war here... there are other parts of the
Internet that still need more posts about that ;)

-Joel