[FX.php List] More on Encoding Issues

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Fri Jan 18 08:53:43 MST 2008

I'm also dealing with encoding issues now.

While I have resolved display of curious characters on my php pages
by using the UTF encoding (thanks for that hep last month, folks) ,
the problem characters cause display issues down the line....such as
in email confirmations.  In this case, the Subject Line of the email
contains and displays the suspect characters.

I'd like to nip this in the bud...by cleansing FMP data fields before
publishing.  Is this simply a matter of exporting fields to tab/text,
having BBEdit convert to ASCII (BBEDIT/TEXT/Convert to ASCII) and
then import back in?  With that middle step, it requires manually
intervention.

Any other methods?

Thx.

Jonathan