[FX.php List] $_GET won't GIT

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Thu Jan 17 17:47:57 MST 2008

Hi Folks,

Like my clever subject line? ;-)

Just spent the better part of a day wrestling with a problem on a
single page script. The page uses both URl links (generating $_GET)
and a form (generating $_POST)....but only one a time, of course.

The user arrives to the page clicking a "Next Record" link generating
a $_GET array.  Then, when the user clicks a form button, the page is
supposed to process the form.  Simple enough.

I have code on the page that tests whether the user has clicked a
link or clicked the form button.

The problem?  Even the though the user might have clicked the form
button,  the $_GET array is still returned, alog with the $_POST
array.  I finally realized what was happening after using print_r to
display both $_POST and $_GET.  I forced $_GET to disappear only
after testing for $_POSt and then using $_GET = array();

So....what is going on here?  Why does $_GET persist if it wasn't
generated on the last step of the current page?

Thanks

Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group
jonathan at exit445.com