[FX.php List] Encoding Issues

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Thu Jan 17 09:24:13 MST 2008

Roger,

It probably only becomes a problem if the page or PHP file ends up providing some content for the page directly or indirectly that includes some "interesting" characters of any sort. Because UTF-8 is required for PHP to deal with those properly, I just save all my files that way. Are you on a Mac? If you are using BBEdit, the file encoding is right at the bottom of the window in a popup menu. It may read "Western (Mac OS Roman)" if you haven't set it otherwise, just change that to "UnicodeTM (UTF-8)" and save the file.

-Troy