[FX.php List] Lesson learned about password values

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Fri Jan 11 10:17:56 MST 2008

egrep is your friend for "tracking down and locating" strings in files.

on mac osx open terminal, cd to the root of your "scripts" directory,
and run this:

egrep -rn 'typepasswordhere can have spaces and can be a regexp' *

r means recurse, n means tell the line number, and star means check
every file in the directory.

you'll see filenames with line numbers where your string appears.

cheers,
dan

Jonathan Schwartz had written: