[FX.php List] How to edit PHP settings

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Sun Jan 6 11:41:25 MST 2008

Yes, you're on the right track. When you've only got the "default"
file, PHP does not even read that file for settings. It just defaults
to a certain set of settings.

Just copy that file to php.ini, then edit the php.ini with sudo pico.
Scroll through the file - you'll find the settings easily enough.
Change them, save, then restart web services. Now that there's an
actual php.ini file, it will use the settings in it, instead of
internal defaults.