[FX.php List] How to edit PHP settings

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sun Jan 6 11:01:35 MST 2008

Derrick,

Thanks for the help; I did find this:

/private/etc/php.ini.default

Does this mean that I'm not using one, then, and have to create one?

I've used "sudo pico" before to edit files in Terminal, so I have a
*tiny* bit of experience doing this sort of thing; I'd like to change
2 settings:

short_open_tags
register_globals

to force me to declare variables (perhaps that's not the right
variable to change for that?). When I've written PHP apps for other
servers, not having declared variables here and there has caused
problems; however, the biggie is turning off short open tags.

If you can tell me how to edit this I'd be eternally grateful.

Best,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting and programming for all versions of
FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting