[FX.php List] intermittent speed issues with fx.php and FMSA 9

Andy Walz andywalz at wildernessinquiry.org
Wed Jan 2 21:30:10 MST 2008

Hmmmm...  I didn't realize you could set disconnect when idle from
the privilege set level.  I did not have that option checked.
Hopefully that will make all the difference when these "stagnant
connections" do happen. Thanks for the tip.

I am confident no one is connecting to our web database using a
FileMaker Client.  The strange connections that I'm seeing in the
FMSA admin console are definitely from FX.php.  They have the name
webuser which I defined and the fmxml extended privilege set
(filemaker clients show up as fmapp).  What I still can't figure out
is that most of the time, like you, I do not see any xml client
connections in the admin console...even when there is heavy traffic,
but then every other day or so they start appearing and the whole
site slows down until I close and re-open the file.  I keep thinking
I must have one bad query in some obscure place on the site but even
that shouldn't result in this kind of behavior.

At any rate I'll try it for a while with the disconnect option
enabled and let you know.

Thank you,
-Andy

Serving people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities on shared outdoor
experiences throughout the world. Visit us online at
http://www.wildernessinquiry.org

Andrew Walz, Program Director
Wilderness Inquiry
808 14th Ave SE,