[FX.php List] Very strange

Mark Lindal mlindal at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Feb 27 09:42:53 MST 2008

I have a weird situation:
We have just implemented a complex validation system for data on our
FX.php Bookstore.

When a person tries to search on data, it checks and validates their
input so that we have no malicious code.
In testing we had no problems.
Now the Bookstore is back online and live and we have two occurrences
where people have reported errors showing up.

1. On my personal Safari.  Click on Search and enter any data and it
errors out and returns me to the search page
2. On a PC version of Firefox.  Same thing.

Now the weird part.
If I go to my clean account, or my home computer and use Safari, no
problems.  If we use IE, Netscape or Firefox, we have had no problems
reported.

So it is just these two accounts that finding errors in the search
and validator code.

Any ideas as to what to narrow my search on?

The website is live at:
http://bookstore.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/home_e.php

The two reports are clicking the "more" under popular picks (should
display a list of 15 or so publications) and on the search page.

Mark Lindal
mlindal at nrcan.gc.ca