[FX.php List] [OFF] Solution for occasional outage....Redux

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Feb 13 21:14:17 MST 2008

Jonathan,

Having been in the hosting business for almost 9 years now, it amazes
me that any hosting facility would be vulnerable to something like a
blown fuse.

If my power should go out here, as it did the other night for almost
an hour, my UPS devices kick in; they only last about 16 minutes, but
within 30 seconds my backup generator kicks on, as it did the other
night.

I suppose a UPS device *could* theoretically fail, but I don't think
they use fuses, and my circuit breaker panels definitely don't have
any fuses. Might be time to shop for a new colo... :)

I've tried to find an easy way to do some sort of load balancing, so
that I could set up redundant servers, but haven't found anything that
I could install and use without spending more time than I'm willing to
devote to it...

Curious to see if anyone has a solution...

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting and programming for all versions of
FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting