[FX.php List] How much traffic can it take?

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Tue Feb 5 02:10:48 MST 2008

But an auction site with the mentioned requirements shouldn't require
two or three nodes with separated webserver and database, gigabit
interfaces and other network specifics, except for redundancy and
high availability.

But sure, if you throw enough resources at it, Filemaker will be
enough :)

Well, it's just my personal feeling/opinion that if I'd build a
sensitive site, I'd something designed in another way than Filemaker
is. If someone wants to go through all that setup to feel confident
it'll run OK, no problem. But I do know that other setups will
perform far better even on less hardware and less work. However I do
recognize the fact that sometimes it's also important not to split a
system in two parts, for example if it's a lot more convenient to
keep all the information in the FM database.