[FX.php List] Error reporting in PHP

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Fri Dec 12 14:35:49 MST 2008

At 3:19 PM -0600 12/12/08, Bob Patin wrote:

>More specifically, if I do turn it on, will it
>then report the stupid typos that I make that
>cause me to waste time? :)
>
>BP

Isn't that when you WANT to see the error...to identify it more quickly?

In my opinion, this whole subject of Error
Handling doesn't get the attention it deserves.
It's the other side...the dark side...of code
that doesn't work perfectly in all situations,
whether the error is user error, server error,
FMP error, data error, communications error,
intentional hacking, and on.

I've beefed up my own error handling over the
past year with improvements to logging, email
notifications, etc.

I would love to see a DevCon session devoted to error handling.

My 2¢.

I'll get of my soap box now.

Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group