[FX.php List] Summary of Records

william.downs william.downs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 11:20:13 MST 2008

Hi Andy,

- very helpful indeed,

many thanks

William

On 8 Dec 2008, at 18:16, Andy Gaunt wrote:

William,

 From your array you can use a foreach loop to build your select items.

$selectMenu = "<select name='selectField' id='selectField'>\n";

foreach ($uniqueList as $value) {
   $selectMenu .= "<option value='$value'>$value</option>\n";
}
$selectMenu .= "</select>";

echo $selectMenu;

HTH

Andy Gaunt
T: 321-206-3658
andy at fmpug.com
http://www.fmpug.com

FMPug.com: A Developer's best Friend!

FindFileMakerDevelopers.com -
The #1 listings engine for FileMaker Professionals

On Dec 8, 2008, at 1:10 PM, william.downs wrote:

> Hi Anders (and Co)
>
> i like the array_unique() - just what I needed.
>
> Now I need to turn $uniqueList into a select (html drop down)
>
> Any idea how that could be done ?
>
> Kindest Regards
>
> William
>
> On 8 Dec 2008, at 15:41, Anders Monsen wrote:
>
> How about array_unique?
>
> $theList = array('Team1','Team1','Team2','Team3','Team1','Team2' );
> $uniqueList = array_unique($theList);
> sort($uniqueLists);
>
> Anders
>
> On Dec 8, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Steve Winter wrote:
>
>> Hi William,
>>
>> You could go with something like this;
>>
>> $uniqueList = array()
>>
>> foreach($teamList as $team) {
>> if(!in_array($team, $uniqueList) {
>>   $uniqueList[] = $team;
>> }
>> }
>>
>> Then $uniqueArray will have only one entry for each $team. You may
>> also then want to do a sort on that array prior to output in case
>> the data that it received was
>>
>> Team3
>> Team1
>> Team3
>> Team2
>>
>> Cheers
>> Steve
>>

>> On 8 Dec 2008, at 15:05, william.downs wrote:
>>

>>> Hi there List,
>>>
>>> If an array was to return more than one record, and a value was
>>> repeated, how do I strip out the individual values ?
>>>
>>> Example :
>>>
>>> If the returned values were
>>>
>>> Team1
>>> Team2
>>> Team1
>>> Team3
>>> Team1
>>>
>>> I would ONLY want to see
>>> Team1
>>> Team2
>>> Team3
>>>
>>> In Filemaker, I could create a value list, or a sub-summary list,
>>> and this would give me the individual records.
>>>

>>> Kindest Regards
>>>
>>> William
>>> FX.php_List mailing list
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org