[FX.php List] Any experience with calling IWP from a FX page?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Aug 28 16:01:03 MDT 2008

John,

Well, you *could* do a workaround of sorts:

Do a FIND in PHP, write the found recordID (or a list of them) into a
field on a temp table in FileMaker;
Then, in IWP, have it open, do a query, and use those stored IDs as
the search values.

I don't think IWP is going to do any retrieval of session variables or
cookies, although there might be a way with a plugin to retrieve a
cookie from the web server. That would probably be the only way to do
it without writing to a temp table.

I agree with Jonathan: bite the bullet, dive in, and write it all in
PHP, which will be better in the long run anyway... :)

As someone who hosts sites and IWP databases, I'm not a big fan of
IWP, although I do host them when clients need hosting.

Bob
bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker