[FX.php List] Strange problem

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Aug 25 14:02:08 MDT 2008

No, either is acceptable, although one is current, the other is
"legacy" code that is still supported.

Meanwhile, I found the problem, which had nothing to do with HTML:

When they go into the site and click on the button to edit their
record, they're entering thru the main page of the site, where I set a
session variable.

However, when they were using a link I was sending in an email, I was
taking them directly to the login page, and (without thinking about
it) not setting the session variable. For whatever reason, Safari was
more forgiving, perhaps remembering a previous session variable, or
defaulting to the first record in the particular table, but it wasn't
causing the same error.

So once we realized that our testing was slightly different, we
quickly found the problem...

Thanks for all the input...

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org