[FX.php List] Re: using Self in auto-enter calculations

Marc Wood webmaster at studentpress.org
Tue Aug 5 14:52:15 MDT 2008

> You are talking  Trim (Self) vs  Trim (fieldname)?

> Does it work correctly when you enter directly into FMP?

Yes, the auto-enter calculations with Self work correctly when
entering data in FMP. And they work correctly both in FMP and over PHP
when the actual field names are used in the calculation, i.e. Trim
(fieldname) instead of Trim (Self). No separation of data involved here.

The ? appears to be an actual question mark, not a "don't know how to
format this" question mark that shows the real data when you click
into the field in FMP. The ?'s are also returned for those fields on
the PHP forms.

It's not a big deal, I was just wondering if it was a known bug or
just me. ggt's guess that the context is what breaks it is a good one.

I'll just deny myself Self when the fields are used in PHP forms. --MW