[FX.php List] Layout text

Salvador A. Sandoval sal at nambetech.net
Fri Aug 1 17:41:57 MDT 2008

I figured out how to get the text element of a  Filemaker Layout into
PHP.

I can use CURL  (http://us2.php.net/curl) to login and grab the source
code of a IWP published version of the Layout(s).   I can then parse out
the elements I want from the source code using PHP.

Hopefully, this will eventually allow me to use one piece of PHP code to
dynamically create feature rich FX/PHP forms for 60+ native FileMaker
Forms (Layouts) and still allow the relatively Filemaker savvy client to
update the layout text as needed without me having to write and re-write
60+ PHP pages.

For a tutorial on Curl download the book available at:

 http://php-books.blogspot.com/2007/12/php-curl-book-with-examples.html

For info on bypassing IWP's login page check out:

http://edoshin.skeletonkey.com/2006/12/how_to_bypass_t.html

Once you logged into IWP to get to a specific Layout use:

http://<ServerName or IP>/fmi/iwp/cgi?-lay=<LayoutNumber>&-gotolayout=

Replacing <ServerName or IP> and <LayoutNumber> with your server info
and the layout number you are trying to get to.

Salvador