[FX.php List] [OFF] API Equivalent for Grabbing RECID

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Thu Apr 3 13:47:43 MDT 2008

Here's my 2¢...

I came along at a point just prior to the API
making it on the scene, using fx.php.  I had
bandwidth for only one technology and I stuck
with fx.php.  A year or so later, with the API
now gaining visibility , and with my fx.php and
PHP skills in a steady state, I finally have time
to try it out and at least be aware of the
differences.

A colleague asked for my help with his client's
API project.  It came at a great time, forcing me
to crack open the manual.  Now, I am starting to
develop some perspective on the differences.  I'm
in a better position to advise future clients to
implement with fx.php, rather than shrug my
shoulders and have that big question mark float
above my head.

I save the shrug for better uses. ;-)

Jonathan