[FX.php List] Creating recurring event records

Roger Price rp272 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 29 11:55:54 MDT 2007

Bob

I was faced with a similar request from my University department, but did
not have the time necessary to complete by the required deadline.

I elected to use an open source solution using PHP and MySQL. While I love
FileMaker to bits I could not see the point of reinventimng the wheel so to
speak.

If you are comitted to creating a FMP solution then you might find how this
application deals with the issues by looking at the source code at:
http://mrbs.sourceforge.net/

I downloaded the package in the morning and had it up and runing by the same
afternoon - I got lots of 'brownie points'. It has been in use for over a
year now and is very stable and easy to use.

kindest regards

Roger
Roger Price                                  INSTITUTE OF CRIMINOLOGY
IT Officer,                                           Sidgwick Avenue
rp272 at cam.ac.uk                                    Cambridge, CB3 9DT
                                                    Tel: 01223 762989