[FX.php List] JavaScript, AJAX, jQuery assistance?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 27 23:03:51 MDT 2007

Thanks Nick

It looks like SuperNote on twinhelix is for content already loaded on
the page, and I'm looking for tooltips to grab content from an
external page (actually a separate call to the database).

I have looked at other similar AJAX tooltips, such as clueTip
(another jQuery plugin) and tipsX3 (which uses mootools), but they
both have the same problem that the AJAX-loaded div doesn't
automaticallly load the appropriate JavaScript to fire the tooltips
in the newly loaded div.  There was one AJAX tooltip (from
dhtmlgoodies) that does work in this regard -- I think because
they're fired from a standard "onmouseover" call and thus don't need
to load on pageload -- but these tooltips don't reposition themselves
to keep from displaying outside the visible area of the browser window.

If anyone knows of other AJAX tooltips they'd like to suggest, I'd be
happy to check them out too.

FYI:
http://plugins.learningjquery.com/cluetip/demo/
http://www.e-magine.ro/playground/tipsx3/