[FX.php List] JavaScript, AJAX, jQuery assistance?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 24 18:50:20 MDT 2007

Hi all

I've got a JavaScript tooltip (jTip with jQuery) working to pull
record details (not initially loaded on the page) into a tooltip.
This works fine.

I've also got links that load new data into existing divs on my
starting page.  This also works fine.

However...
I would like the reloaded divs to still have 'hover-able' tooltips...
but this is not working fine.  It's not working at all :-(

It _seems_ that the reloaded divs can't refer back to the tooltip
JavaScript that was loaded when the start page first loaded.  Yet
when I try a different js tooltip, I *can* get the tooltips to work
inside the new AJAX divs.

I've put a demo here:
http://jsfmp.com/tooltip/notworking.html

(This is not connected to a DB, although I'm using LAJAX to call the
ajaxpage into the div because it was available and easy ;)

  - So my question is:  Why is the jQuery/jTip tooltip not working
while another js tooltip is?  And is there anything I can do so that
the jTip functionality will work inside the reloaded AJAX divs?  (The
tooltip that *does* work doesn't have features I'd like to use, such
as re-positioning so tooltips don't go outside the browser window...)

Thanks for any/all suggestions.

-Joel