[FX.php List] [OT] (mostly) CTRL-N in browser

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Tue Sep 4 07:10:53 MDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I’m working on a custom web publishing replacement for a native FMP app. All
is going well, however I’d like to try and implement some of the common key
combinations that exist within FMP in my solution...

I’ve got the Javascript working, and I can perform the various actions that
I need, however for certain command combinations, as well as performing my
requested action, the browser also does its own thing... the easiest example
of this to explain in CTRL-N, which I want to have create a new record in
the db, which I’ve done... the thing is, than in most browsers CTRL-N also
means ‘open a new window’ so although my current browser window goes to the
‘add record’ page, I get another browser window as well...

Any thoughts or suggestions...?? anyone tried this previously...

Cheers

Steve

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:31 a.m.