[FX.php List] SSL, FX.php, + FMSA

Jamie Adams jamie at liquis.com
Mon Oct 29 14:15:36 MDT 2007

Hello all-

I found some previous posts about this, but my grasp of the subject is
still a bit limited, so I couldn't be sure the answers applied to my
situation.

I have FMS8A running on Windows Server 2003.  The Server, WPE, and IIS
all live on this machine.  My FX.php scripts reside on a linux server
offsite which hits this server.

I want to set the "Secure connections to FileMaker Server" option in
order to encrypt my FileMaker connections.  Now, as far as I can tell,
nothing much changes for FileMaker Pro clients, but it sounds like it
might require me to change my FX.php settings.  Will this option convert
the WPE to SSL?  Will I have to have FX.php connect on port 443, or will
I still be able to use 80?  Do I need to change IIS settings?  Do I need
to do anything with certificates?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Jamie Adams

Liquis, Inc.

400 Parker Drive, Suite 1110, Austin, TX 78728

phone 512.299.9634, ext 103 -- fax 512.873.0575

www.liquis.com <http://www.liquis.com>

www.auctionpartner.com <http://www.auctionpartner.com>

www.furniture-partner.com <http://www.furniture-partner.com>

eBay Store: