[FX.php List] Fwd: spam and php fmp sites

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Thu Oct 18 14:15:00 MDT 2007

i've had success with this script that spells out numbers in english and
then you ask the person to type the number. not good for a widespread
commercial app, but good (and the technique is obscure) for a small site.

function ConvertThree ($intArgNumber, $dispAnd = false)
{
     $intNumber = '';
     $strNumConv = '';

     $aySmall = array('Zero', 'One', 'Two', 'Three', 'Four', 'Five',
'Six', 'Seven', 'Eight', 'Nine');
     $ayMedium = array('Zero', 'Ten', 'Twenty', 'Thirty', 'Forty',
'Fifty', 'Sixty', 'Seventy', 'Eighty', 'Ninety');
     $ayLarge = array('Ten', 'Eleven', 'Twelve', 'Thirteen', 'Fourteen',
'Fifteen', 'Sixteen', 'Seventeen', 'Eighteen', 'Nineteen');

     if ($intArgNumber > 99) $strNumConv .= $aySmall[$intArgNumber/100]
. " Hundred";
     if (($dispAnd == true) and ($intArgNumber > 99)) $strNumConv .= "
and ";

     $intNumber = $intArgNumber % 100;
     if ($intNumber > 19) {
         if ($intArgNumber > 99) $strNumConv .= " ";

         $strNumConv .= $ayMedium[$intNumber/10];
         if ($intNumber % 10 > 0) $strNumConv .= " " .
$aySmall[$intNumber % 10];

     } elseif ($intNumber > 9) {
         if ($intArgNumber > 99) $strNumConv .= $ayLarge[$intNumber-10];
     } elseif ($intNumber > 0) {
         if ($intArgNumber > 99)  $strNumConv .= " ";
         $strNumConv .= $aySmall[$intNumber];
     }
     return $strNumConv;
}