[FX.php List] Fwd: spam and php fmp sites

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Oct 18 13:51:00 MDT 2007

I use a validation routine, much like blog post pages do; it ensures
that the forms are being submitted by humans, and has stopped that
problem on my own and clients' sites.

I have a set of number images (one per digit); I create a 6 or 7-
digit random number, which dictates what set of 6 or 7 number images
are put together to form a single image. Then the user has to type in
the number that he sees, which allows the post to be made.

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting for all versions of FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting