[FX.php List] Problem with site on client's server

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Oct 17 18:20:17 MDT 2007

I have a client (a school system) that has an FX site already on
their server, and now have had me do a 2nd FX-enabled site for them.
I developed it here on my servers, where it works perfectly and
without any errors. However, when they moved it to their server,
which is a Windows 2003 server, and then perform a search, they get
the following error message:

"PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\[server info
removed]\search_process.php on line 219"

Does anyone have any experience with this using Windows Server? My
company doesn't use Windows servers, so this isn't something I've
ever seen before.

Does "unexpected $end" mean that it's reaching the end of the file
unexpectedly? They somehow uploaded a truncated copy of the file,
which I replaced this morning, thinking it would solve the problem.

However, we're still seeing the same error message, so here are my
questions:

Does Windows Server cache pages? Could the truncated file be in a cache?

Any reason why a PHP site would work here using Apache (OS X Server)
and my FMS machine, but not theirs? To make it even stranger, one of
the 2 types of queries in the app does work, but not this one. The
other app uses a different processing page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions