[FX.php List] Precision Printing alternatives

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Tue Oct 2 10:43:44 MDT 2007

Jonathan,

One thing that helps me when I'm using FPDF/FPDI to fine tune content
to fit specific places on a template is to put a nice red border on
my cells and text blocks, so I can see their complete "footprint" on
the page, regardless of the content I'm drawing within them. (If
you're already drawing cell borders with FPDF, you may not need to do
this everywhere.) Then take the borders off when you're ready to go
live.

Other things that trip me up:
* Losing track of the x/y location of the "cursor" while I'm creating
the page.
* Mixing inches and points and having content land in the wrong spot,
or completely off the page.

If you are building a PDF with a tight layout, you may generate
literally hundreds of sample PDFs while you fine tune the piece.

Dale