[FX.php List] [Poll] Which ajax implementation do you use?

Michael Ward headhoncho at customikesolutions.com
Tue Oct 2 08:01:30 MDT 2007

G'day,

On 02/10/2007, at 9:49 PM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:

> I use LAJAX( http://www.fm-synergy.com/page1/page1.php )
>
> I have not really looked at any of the other implementations...
>
> Are there anyone who compared them before you started?

I looked at prototype with scriptaculous, dojo toolkit, Yahoo UI (for
about 10 seconds) and Google Web Toolkit (for another 10 seconds)

Prototype/scriptaculous and dojo looked promising, but I settled on
jQuery because of its lightweight, extensibility and active
development team.  The "plugins" are the most useful as you only need
to load those that are needed.  Both Yahoo and Google seemed to need
everything loaded and were too much of a learning curve.

jQuery also doesn't rely on knowing a whole lot of javascript... I
have to know too many other scripting languages to want to learn yet
another one!

Regards

Michael Ward
--